Sip, smile and unwine-d...
Sweet never tasted SO good…
We’ve got a sweet tooth that only Sugar will cure! Every now and then we all crave a little something sweet, and right now, maybe a little more than usual? Seeing as you asked, John and Michele decided to add another easy-to-love wine to the JaM Cellars line up…
Sugar Sweet White is a delightfully fresh, bright and balanced Californian Moscato with just the right kiss of sweetness. Super fruity, refreshing, lower alcohol, and just perfect to put a smile on your face.
• So Chill. Sugar is delicious when served chilled straight from the fridge or ice bucket. Check out these fast-chilling tips (according to science) to get your bottle chilled down fast!
• Sweet Chic. These v cool vintage coup glasses make this perfect aperitif feel extra chic. Pop them in the freezer 30 minutes before you serve to keep things frosty and fancy.
• Go Big or Go Salty. Sweet and salty is a rock-star combo. Go, “Nothing Fancy”, style with this creamy sesame turmeric dip or dig into your favorite bag of potato chips. Doritos? Kettle Chips? Your house, your rules.
• Spice it Up. Sweeter wines, like Sugar, make a great date with something spicy! Check out this round-up of bougie spicy snacks, or order in some spicy Pad Thai or Kung Pow Chicken from your local go-to delivery to keep it low-key.
• A Bite of Bitter (say that 5 times fast!). Lay out a pickle-y bitter-y snack-y board to sample for a bittersweet snack-a-long adventure. Include some of these quirky pickles, a batch of parm brussel sprouts in the air-fryer you’ve been meaning to use, and this yum-licious candied orange peel dipped in dark chocolate.
• Double Down on Dessert. Sweet wines with dessert is another level. Layout bowls of your favorite candy treats buffet-style to sample and snack while you sip after dinner. You can even DIY your own version of your fave candy bar at home!
As sweater weather vibes are heading our way, we are soaking up every last bit of sun in downtown Napa at the JaM Cellars wine and music studio! Cozy up and enjoy your favorite Butter Chardonnay, JaM Cab, Toast and now Sugar Sweet White with our indoor or outdoor tasting experiences that keep things safe and delicious.
Safety while sipping is our #1 priority now and always. You can visit with us knowing that our JaMbassadors are at-the-ready to create a safe, clean and enjoyable scene every sip of the way. Reservations are required since we have reduced capacity in the studio to keep us all at just the right distance. You can read more about our commitment to your safety while you’re JaM’ing with us here.
Missing live music? Yeah, us too. We can’t wait to bring back in-studio live music. But for now whether sipping with us in Napa or at home, you can join our virtual JaMHappyHours Wed thru Friday at 4pm on Facebook.
If you can’t get to Napa right now join the JaMClub and wine will appear on demand, just like magic! Crack open your very own stash of Butter Chardonnay, JaM Cabernet, Toast Sparkling or Sugar Sweet White and crank up the volume to the Summer Festival JaMs poured by JaM Cellars on iHeart Radio. You’ll create your own Napa vibe in true JaM style right from the comfort of your living room!
Whether in-person or virtual, we can’t wait to sip with you, and we’re grateful that we can keep doing what we love: sharing awesome, easy-to-love wines with you!
As the temperatures start to dip, we’re feeling cozy and craving some JaM Cabernet—the wine that started it all for JaM Cellars. It’s a cool story we don’t share very often, so pour a glass a settle in for the story…
John and Michele met in high school in Napa Valley. John’s family had recently moved there to realize his parents’ dream of growing grapes and making wine. Michele’s family is 4th generation Napan and owned a vineyard in the Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley.
John and Michele’s journey together started to take shape while at college at San Diego State University. “I finally know what I want to do,” John said to Michele in their final year. “I’m going to start a business farming vineyards for others, make enough money to grow my own grapes, and start my own winery.”
“That’s great John,” Michele replied, “how long’s that going to take?” “That’s the best bit,” he said, “just 10-15 years!” At which point Michele raised her eyebrows and decided to get back to studying for her exams…
Fast-forward ten years to 2007; John had his own Napa Valley wine label John Anthony Vineyards in its 3rd vintage. Early accolades from the wine press including a 92 Pt score from Wine Spectator had put John’s new label on the Napa Valley map. And then in 2008 the great recession hit.
“I was just getting started. I knew how to make great wines at $100+, but few people could afford them.” John recalled. “I asked myself: How I could make great quality wines that were accessible to anyone, anytime?”
Working together to start a family and make their way in the wine world, John and Michele took a risk to buy grapes and start a new brand. While everyone else was pulling back on production, John and Michele were racing forward. They called their new venture JaM Cellars, short for John and Michele.
JaM Cellars’ first wine was JaM Cabernet, affectionately known as JaM Cab. The wine was delicious: rich, bold, and full of dark, ripe-berry flavors—fitting to its name. This new wine challenged people’s expectations. In the face of expensive brands that led with sophistication, complexity, and formality, JaM Cab was simple to understand, easy-to-love, and importantly, was under $20.
Since its first vintage in 2008, JaM Cab has found a loyal following and acclaim, including a 90 Pt score from Wine Enthusiast, and gold medals at TexSom and New World International Wine competitions. John continues to make JaM Cellars wine in the only way he knows how—the absolute best quality fruit he can find, meticulous winemaking with our unique blend of American oak, and flavors that pack a punch beyond their price point. We like to say that if you love bold, rich, and luscious red wines, we’ve got a helluva #JaMGoodCabernet for you.
We love a good homebody lifestyle like the next person but raise your hand if the doldrums of home-life are feeling a bit ho-hum. Liven up your mundane must-do’s with some Butter-licious incentives to enjoy life’s little victories (like finally unloading that dishwasher).
• Put on a playlist and show your living room dust who’s boss. Kick back and enjoy the sparkle after all that hard work with a frosty glass of Butter to quench your thirst while you catch up on Housewives. #DomesticGoddess
• Did you complete your activity goals for the day? Go the extra mile to outpace your steps with the best motivation ever: See if you can beat your Drizly order of Butter on the way home. Ready, set, race to the sip!
• In a dinner rut? Pour a glass of Butter and queue up YouTube to brush up on a few kitchen hacks to speed up your chopping skills.
Keep the fun going at home and keep your thirst safely quenched by shopping online for easy delivery right from the JaMStore. Or simply *add to cart* on your next grocery delivery near you with our same-day delivery partners at Drizly, Instacart, or Amazon Fresh!
We are giving Summer a speeding ticket and making sure we catch the last few drops – even if the vacation of our dreams isn’t quite what we had on our OG vision board.
Just because we’re in full WFH mode doesn’t mean we don’t need a little break from the “office.” Plan a stay-cation day or two here’s how—paired with your favorite JaM Cellars wines:
For the beach babe:
• Inspire some beach vibes with these top ways to bring the beach to your backyard. All that’s missing now is a cooler filled with ButterCans.
• Channel your inner mermaid with this shell hairclip craft. CandyCans and glitter are basically soulmates, after all.
• Manifest some ocean views by queueing up some serene Island Views on your TV and get that tropical tan you’ve been dreaming up with a little self-tanner. Pour up some Butter in a Tiki Cup and get ready to hula away the afternoon!
For the fashionista:
• Plan out your Zoom meeting wardrobe—only top half required! Pour yourself a glass of Butter and plan your 5 weekday outfits with mix-and-matched jewelry. Studies show staying in a routine and having something to look forward to is the key to happiness. That, and a glass of Butter Chardonnay(link) at Wine O’Clock of course.
• Stay on top of the trends from the comfort of your couch by checking in to upcoming Virtual Fashion Weeks; strut your at-home catwalk with Butter in hand.
• Set a budget and shop the best summer sales, according to Vogue; don’t forget to roll over any extra savings into your wine budget.
For the outdoorsy type:
• Take advantage of your flex schedule and hit up a trail on a weekday to beat the crowds. Reward yourself with a ButterCan when you reach the peak.
• Scope out some new adventures near you, or discover a new campsite on AllTrails.
• Set up a backyard tent for a Friday night stargaze adventure. Hack a new s’mores recipe and a glass of JaM Cab as you search the sky for shooting stars.
For the homebody:
• Join a Virtual Book Club and cozy up in your wine nook with a juicy glass of JaM Cab on your new literary adventure.
• She-Sheds are the new man-caves. Peruse Pinterest for she-shed designs…and plan it out in detail with a design app on your phone. Don’t forget a wine rack in there!
• Add some new wine art to your walls – get inspired by these designs painted with wine.
For the creative:
• Enjoy an “artists retreat” and take an online painting class. Celebrate your final design with a glass of Toast Sparkling. You deserve it, you creative genius!
• Glam up your style with a DIY crystal jewelry-making kit. Sparkling wine AND sparkling jewels? It’s a YES from us.
It may be a stay-at-home summer but that won’t stop our fun! Unless of course, the wine runs out…eeek! Make sure that doesn’t bum out your summer state of mind and stay stocked with your favorite JaM wines by adding us to your online grocery list or having us deliver right to your door!
With names like Butter, JaM & Toast, brunch is basically our spirit animal. We’re ready to go all-in with a brunch extravaganza to make the most of your #SundayFunday thanks to these brunch-worthy holidays coming up soon. We’re ready to help you indulge in each delicious day, JaM-style! Here’s our top tips for indulging in the brunch spread you truly deserve.
Waffle Day – August 24th
Waffles are just pancakes with abs, right? Practice your waffle fitness with a DIY Waffle Bar to celebrate the true Brunch MVP.
• Set up a paper runner for your waffle bar and write down all your yummy waffle fixings (and save cleanup time from sticky syrup drips)
• Include a mix of healthy and treat-y toppings like berries and nuts alongside chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles
• Keep a bottle of Toast in an ice bucket next to the waffles with an array of juices for a Toast-mosa bar to sip along. Orange juice, grapefruit juice and cranberry juice are perfectly sippable pairings to splash on top of your favorite bubbles
Intl. Bacon Day – September 5th
Get crispy with it. We’re enjoying Bacon Day with a bacon tasting bar! See which bacon is your favorite pairing with our juicy JaM Cab. Our top picks are:
• Turkey bacon, Candied “Million Dollar Bacon”, Coconut Bacon (it’s a thing), Pancetta, or try one of these • 17 types of bacon you might not have known existed!
Top Bacon Day tip? Cook it in the oven for super easy clean-up (you’ll never go back). 400 degrees on a baking sheet with not only keep your crispy delights evenly cooked, you’ll get all the delish smells with none of the greasy splatters #SizzlinandSipping
Pancake Day – September 26th
Is it even Pancake Day if you’re not eating a heaping mound of pancakes with a side of Butter? Gather your ingredients for the perfect pancake recipe and practice some beginner level pancake art. Who doesn’t love an adorable Pancake Animal?
Or, try your hand at becoming a Pancake Mixologist with some experimental combos like:
• Mint Chocolate Chip = mint extract + chocolate chips
• Coffee Lover’s = espresso powder
• Unicorn = rainbow sprinkles + whipped cream
• Banana Split = mashed bananas + chocolate chips + crushed nuts• PB&J = peanut butter spread + raspberry jam
Turn up Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson on the airwaves. Sounds like an easy a recipe for #SundayFunday to us!
Wine fills our glass, but live music fills our soul at JaM Cellars. To be honest it’s been kind of a downer to miss out on live JaMs since our favorite festivals including BottleRock and OHANA are rescheduled until 2021. But we’re looking on the Butter side as we save the dates for later, relive the memories now and look forward to rocking out together again soon!
BottleRock Napa Valley 2021
For Later: Save the dates for next year on May 28-30, 2021 because top headliners including Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dave Matthews Band and Stevie Nicks are still GAME ON at the JaM Cellars mainstage. Keep an eye out for the rest of the lineup announcement coming soon!
Is it too early to start counting the days? NEVER! We are just that excited to bring you pop-up acoustic sets at the JaMPad where we get up close and personal with our fave artists. Last year, we live-streamed the good times from the JaMPad which means you can replay every sesh from anywhere you want!
Plan on coming thirsty, because there will be Butter and JaM Cab poured at every concession around the festival. It’s a JaM good time and we can’t wait to meet you there.
For Now: Relive the magic on our BottleRock 2019 recap and keep the BottleRock playlist on repeat on Spotify! Watch Live At The JaMPad recaps on Facebook and see if you can plan your perfect spot to stand for the best viewing next year.
For Later: Meet us at Doheny Beach at Dana Point on September 24-26th 2021 to pick up right where we were leaving off with the exact same line-up we were totally giddy for in 2020! Headliners including Kings of Leon, Eddie Vedder, Pearl Jam and more are all locked in and ready to rock. We can’t wait to sip and sway with you by the beach.
iHeartRadio LOVES JaM
Summer won’t sip past us with Summer Festival JaMs radio poured by JaM Cellars. Listen for free on the iHeart app to the sounds of Summer wherever you are! This is the best place to tune in and enjoy all JaM’s festival artists from BottleRock, Voodoo, and OHANA on one station. Listen out for Michele, the “M” in JaM as she counts down her favorite artists and reminds you to always listen with a glass half full!
JaM Great Music & Wine
Join us in staying distant but never too far apart as we host a #JaMHappyHour Wed-Friday at 4PM PST LIVE on Facebook. Meet new and favorite artists playing live just for you…the perfect accompaniment with a glass of Butter Chardonnay.
Home has also turned into the place where literally EVERYTHING happens; work, play, gym, more work and did we say Zoom? JaM Cellars is taking a stand to bring a little you-time back to your sanctuary…with wine of course.
We believe that any day can be a ButterDay right here at home. Here’s how to Butter-fy your home so when the clock strikes Wine O’Clock your happy place is at the ready:
• KonMari Style: make some space, declutter and dedicate space for your wine drinking nook inside, outside, upstairs, downstairs, or how about a she-shed? A comfy seat, a surface to rest your glass, speakers to play your favorite tunes, and connection for some screen time (for FUN only).
• Mood Light Me: light some mood-appropriate candles like these social distance friendly custom candles.
• Cool It: keep Butter on ice so it’s ready when you are. Organize fridge space for Butter with this ButterCan organizer, or an in-fridge rack for Butter bottles. Never enough room to keep all your Butter cold? Give it pride of place in its own yellow mini-fridge. Now we’re talking!
• Do Not Disturb Sign. When you’re in the chill-out zone, we are only accepting interruptions for wine refills please and thank you!
The most important part of your in-home chill zone is plenty of Butter Chardonnay and you know we’re just a click away. You can always find us in the wine aisle here or click *add to cart* on Drizly and Instacart to keep Butter flowing.
“Tuning in” is the new “heading out to a festival”. Take your tablet outside, let the summer breeze roll in, and stream tunes on the airwaves with virtual live music JaMHappyHours live on our Facebook page!
#WineWednesdays thru Friday, JaM hosts artists to perform straight to your patio, living room, book nook, or wherever we find you at 4pm PST. Check out some of our favorite archived JaMSessions with Mondo Cozmo, Peter Collins, or Rainbow Girls, and tune in to upcoming bands with our live schedule posted HERE!
All you need to do is head over to our Facebook page (Butter in hand of course). JaM with us, join the conversation with your new favorite artists and rediscover live music, connection and great wine!
Butter and BFFs make the world go round and National Girlfriends Day, Saturday, August 1st is the day to celebrate. Our girlfriends are our sanity-savers, secret-keepers and wine-drinking besties, so a whole day to celebrate all the good times is certainly in order! Here’s how to show her some love, Butter-style.
Send A Sip
Apart from your bestie? Stock up at home and send a surprise same-day wine delivery with just a couple of clicks (link to Buy page) and book a happy hour Zoom date.
Invite your girlfriend over to share a bottle of Butter or a 4-pack of ButterCans for a little extra. Whether you’re new friends or old, there is always something new to learn about each other! Dive deeper with some of these questions for besties.
Sip and Shop
Sip and Swap
Jump on the KonMari bandwagon and declutter your closet with a swap party. Take some tips from a Beautiful Mess on creating a seamless swap. Sell unwanted items to raise cash for your next girlfriends adventure and let your inner fashionista and Butter Chardonnay flow freely!
Sip and Slumber
You’re never too old for a sleepover with your best girlfriends. Get in your PJs, pop the popcorn and pour the Butter for a PJs and Movie Night. Choose from our favorite Top 10 movies to watch with your girlfriends:
- Confessions Of A Shopaholic
- Ocean’s 8
- Bride Wars
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before
- Uptown Girls
- John Tucker Must Die
- What A Girl Wants
- Whip It
The world is Butter with you in it, babe. Cheers to best girlfriends now and forever!
September 24, 2020
September 23, 2020
September 3, 2020
August 20, 2020
August 20, 2020
August 20, 2020
August 20, 2020
July 22, 2020
July 22, 2020
July 22, 2020
- #JaMHappyHour (1)
- 4th Friday JaMSessions (3)
- 4th of July (1)
- BottleRock (4)
- Butter Chardonnay (9)
- Celebrations (1)
- Easy Entertaining (1)
- Events (6)
- Friendsgiving (1)
- Giveaways (2)
- Holidays (7)
- How-To's (1)
- JaM Cabernet (6)
- JaM Cellars, Napa (5)
- John and Michele (1)
- KAABOO Del Mar (1)
- Life Hacks (2)
- Live Music (2)
- Live Music JaMSessions (2)
- Memorial Weekend (1)
- Mother's Day (5)
- Playlists (2)
- Sugar Sweet White (1)
- Summer (7)
- Toast Sparkling (5)
- Wine Delivery (2)
- September 2020 (3)
- August 2020 (4)
- July 2020 (4)
- June 2020 (4)
- May 2020 (4)
- April 2020 (5)
- March 2020 (2)
- February 2020 (4)
- January 2020 (4)
- December 2019 (4)
- November 2019 (5)
- October 2019 (5)
- September 2019 (3)
- August 2019 (4)
- July 2019 (4)
- June 2019 (4)
- May 2019 (4)
- April 2019 (5)
- March 2019 (2)
- February 2019 (4)
- January 2019 (4)
- November 2018 (4)
- October 2018 (5)
- September 2018 (2)
- August 2018 (5)
- July 2018 (4)
- June 2018 (5)
- May 2018 (5)
- April 2018 (5)
- March 2018 (5)
- February 2018 (6)
- January 2018 (4)
- November 2017 (5)
- October 2017 (4)
- September 2017 (3)
- August 2017 (5)
- July 2017 (8)
- June 2017 (5)
- April 2017 (7)
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (5)
- January 2017 (5)