Sip, smile and unwine-d...
A tiny release of our favorite JaM Cab, now with Napa grapes
We know you love us for our easy-to-love, everyday Californian wines, but just now and again we like to out-do ourselves. Grapes from across our beautiful state of Califonia will always be JaM’s first love, but for the next two weeks only, we’re releasing a tiny amount of JaM made with world-famous Napa Valley grapes to everyone on our mailing list. It’s a treat that feels like getting a second birthday half way through the year!
JaM Cellars started in Napa and hopefully you’ve visited our wine and music studio here in downtown Napa? (If you haven’t, please come soon!) Our little microclimate here in Napa makes for extra-complex, structured and rich wines, but of course we kept the big, bold, berry flavors that you love.
There’s not much JaM Cab Napa to go around and you won’t see it on store shelves. This wine is typically just for members of MyJaMClub and guests at JaM Cellars Napa, but for the next two weeks we’re making this tiny amount available to all JaMFans! Plus we’ll save a little bit for you to enjoy at BottleRock Napa Valley presented by JaM Cellars. Well, it’d be such a shame not to!
Can’t wait til BottleRock? Come to Napa for a JaMSession at our studio and taste this wine as part of our Napa flight for the full JaM Napa experience. Or make your own JaM night at home—grab a bottle or two of JaM Napa here and tune into to JaM Cellars on Spotify.
As always, you save at least 33% on ground shipping when you purchase any case of JaM wines, so go ahead and stock up before time runs out!
6 Reasons We’ve Fallen for Fall
It’s hard to let go of summer, but we’ve cried enough and we’re ready to move on. And fall was right there waiting for us, cozy sweaters, fuzzy socks, pumpkin spice and all! Thank you fall for….
1. EARLY NIGHTS. Shorter days means wine o’clock comes earlier! When it’s really too cold for JaMming by the firepit, there’s Netflix’s fall lineup to pair with your favorite easy-to-love wine. Did someone say Jaws marathon??
2. RED, RED WINE. Come home to a dark, rich and luscious glass of JaM Cab to wine down on a cool autumn night. Light the fire and a couple candles and sink into the sofa…you deserve it.
3. FOOTBALL. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or only there for the food, football season brings everyone together. The conversations in the kitchen are just as much fun as the ones by the TV! We can’t decide whether we like Butter or JaM better with this three-cheese queso dip…guess we’ll have to try them both again. Hate it when that happens!
4. SIP' N' SMORE. S’mores are one of those things that help ease you out of summer into fall. Check out our nine favorite recipes for s’more inspiration this fall. We tested them and each one tastes just a little better with JaM wines, of course.
5. COZY SWEATERS AND FUZZY SOCKS. They take up so much room in the drawer, but we forgive them every year...there’s nothing like warm, soft and indulgently fluffy sweaters and socks on a chilly day. We’re jonesing after these Butter Slippers....and this cabernet sweater
6. FALL COLORS. The leaves will be changing color in the vineyards soon, blazing with JaM red and Butter yellow—the ultimate fall colors! Grab a few bottles and head somewhere to take in the fall foliage this year. Here are a bunch of great online tools and even an app to plan your leaf peeping. It’s an excellent excuse for a visit to JaM Cellars and taste our new JaM Cab Napa.
Sip 'n' Smore
We haven’t met a human yet who doesn’t love a good s’more… so it’s a great excuse to gather up your friends around the firepit during the first few days of fall. Our sip 'n' smore list is a creative twist on the classic and (surprise!) each one is perfect with JaM wines. Get creative, get competitive and tell us your favorite…
Lemon Meringue S’mores
Use lemon curd instead of chocolate for a tangy taste explosion! (For extra decadence, add white chocolate...mmm.)
Wine: Butter Chardonnay
Nutella Banana S’mores
Swap in Nutella for the chocolate, and add a few pieces of sliced banana. It’s amazing. Trust us!
Wine: Toast Sparkling
Add cooked bacon and a dash of hot sauce. YASSS!
Wine: JaM Cab
Dark chocolate truffles, peppermint marshmallows, and organic graham crackers.
Wine: JaM Cab Napa, of course….
Swap in coconut marshmallows, and use a snack size Mounds bar instead of plain chocolate. Bonus points if you use a split macaroon instead of the grahams!
Wine: Butter Chardonnay
Add your favorite pumpkin butter (we love TJ’s – only available in the fall!) to dark chocolate, cinnamon graham crackers, and classic toasted marshmallow.
Wine: JaM Cab
Cookie Monster S’mores
Swap in your favorite shortbread – Keebler Fudge Stripes, anyone? – or any kind of buttery cookie for the graham crackers.
Wine: Butter Chardonnay
Slip a Rolo or mini-Reese’s (or Thin Mint or whatever tiny candy you have) into the middle of the marshmallow before you toast it. The ultimate in gooey goodness!
Wine: Butter, JaM or Toast, depending on the stuffing.
Happy Toasting (yep, we just can’t help ourselves!)
5 Ways to give Summer a Speeding Ticket
Is it just us, or does summer fly by WAY faster than the rest of the year? Well that’s not right, we’re just not having it. So, while we know we can’t actually issue summer a speeding ticket, here are some Butter ways to keep the summer going long past Labor Day. Take that summer!
Hit the store. Then the beach, the park, or your yard…break out a blanket or an air lounger (check these out!), crack open some cool, creamy Butter Chardonnay, and soak up every last ray of summer sun. It’s a crazy-comfy mini vacation (even just 15 or 20 minutes!) when you can at least pretend you have nothing to do. Yes. You. Can.
Just grill it. Your barbecue isn’t ready to give up on summer, either. Butter keep it simple—invite the neighbors, make it a potluck, pour rich, fruity JaM Cab with a burger, and turn up the JaMs. Plus we made a Summer JaMs playlist especially for you. Welcome.
Pack a picnic. Truth: food tastes better when you eat it outside. Doesn’t matter if it’s PB&J, deli sandwiches, or 101 creative 20-minute recipes like these… for a Butter picnic, just add chilled, fresh Butter (see what we did there?). Yep.
Backyard sleepover. Maybe you didn’t check camping off your summer to-do list this year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t stargaze at home. Backyard sleepovers are a lot easier to plan for…stargazing maps, snacks, bugspray, JaM govinos (win a pair here!), and your favorite splash of wine…gazing at Venus makes us crave some velvety JaM Cab…yum.
Weeekday S’more Social. Some primal human cravings can’t be ignored---chocolate, fire, friends and competing for the most perfect S’more (here’s how). Just bust out the fire pit, the Jet-Puffed Jumbos, Hersheys, and graham crackers ‘cos the classic never disappoints. Wanna mix it up? Try these…and pick your favorite sip to go with it…dark chocolate plus the deep dark berries of JaM Cab, or creamy white chocolate with Butter Chardonnay? So good!
We firmly believe that a never-ending summer is a Butter state of mind! Agree? #JaMWineTime
Whether you’re a Mom, or teacher, or know any Moms, or teachers (so that’s EVERYONE)—back-to-school stuff is stressful. And it’s nothing like the ads you see on TV with carts loaded, surrounded by contented kids, and everyone breezing through check-outs with no lines. So we thought we’d turn “Back-to-School” into “Back-to-Wine” time—with a little light relief and wine-time tips to help get you through…
The new school year can mean new friends and bigger carpool groups to share the load. Tempt other parents over for a Butter happy hour. Sip on creamy-licious chardonnay and get crazy organized with this carpool scheduler made by parents for parents. Butter makes even carpool scheduling better!
Stocking up for school and teacher supplies, treat your wine supply the same way. There’s no better time to get that “Buy 6 bottles” discount, check out your nearest Butter and JaM Cab stores—we’re in a ton of new stores this Fall!
Plan regular date nights, movie nights, no-grading nights. Kids and classroom schedules are all well and good…follow your own advice and make one week night all about you…#winewednesday? These 50 easy steps to scheduling date night made us howl. Hint…sip and read!
Don’t panic over shorter days, make your evening routine work for you: clothes picked out; gym shoes by the door; lunches made. And the best part? Shorter days means wine o’clock earlier… “Yes, yes it does!” As you pour another glass of that berry-licious JaM Cab!
5 Beach-Ready Hacks for Ohana
We’re so amped to be pouring at this year’s Ohana Fest! Whenever you bring Butter Chardonnay, JaM Cab and Toast Sparkling and amazing music to a gorgeous SoCal beach, you know it’s going to be a great time. But to help make those three days extra delicious, we put together this list of the concert hacks for Ohana. See you all at the ButterBar!
The Outfit. Fun colors and statement pieces are mandatory #festivalwear at a beach concert! (Butter yellow’s always a great choice!) A swimsuit wouldn’t be a bad idea, either.
Beach Prep. Beaches rock like Eddie Vedder, but they’re also pretty sandy.... Check out these awesome tips for keeping your skin, your phone, your face, and your money safe by the seaside!
Concert Essentials. The things you know you need to bring. Sunscreen. Shades. Beach Towel. Tote. Empty water bottle (refills are free). Cash—for sippin’ on Butter and snacking all weekend!
Getting There. Skip the traffic and parking headaches, and pedal your way to the party. Ohana’s got a free bike valet 8am-11pm daily! Make sure to get there early, because you definitely don’t want to miss out on the dreamy Corey Harper, or the jazzy-surf duo, The Mattson 2.
Bring the Kids. This is an all-ages event! Even better, kids under 5 get in free with a paid adult admission, and they might even recognize a Jack Johnson song, or two. Ohana means family, after all.
Summer Through September
You know we have a hard time saying goodbye to summer. That’s why our Summer Concert Series at JaM Cellars Napa stretches all the way through September 29 this year!
We’re hosting incredible live music every Thursday and Friday night in our downtown Napa living room. There’s no better place to get up close and personal with the artists—they’re literally inches away!
Check out our poster for the awesome talent that’s coming in August and September, and join us for easy to love wines, late-night snacks, and the best late summer JaMs in Napa Valley!
Butter’s Going Big!
You know we love to go big… and that extra Butter will never go to waste! That’s why we’re doubling down this summer with Big Butter magnums!
This XL size gives you TWO regular 750ml bottles of easy-to-love, creamy-licious Butter Chardonnay in one. They’re big, they’re beautiful, and they’re ready-made for summer! Perfect for big parties, big birthdays, and any day that ends in “y”.
Go big this summer, and send us your Big Butter selfies using hashtag #BigButter!
It’s so time to sip into summer. Check out our top five ways to wine away the day this season!
(5) POOL PACKING. Imagine your cooler full of Butter, beach reads (we love PopSugar’s pool-side page turners), and freshly made guac and chips. Pool time just got a whole lot Butter! And please, do not forget the sunscreen—ButterLovers, stay smooth with All Good’s Sunscreen Butter! You’re welcome!
(4) MIXIN' IT UP. Summer’s our excuse to get our fizz on. Sunshine and sparkling is where it’s at. So we’ve taken our fave Toast bubbles to the next level with new summer POP-tails. Make amazing Tropical Toast-inis, Creamsicle Toast-mosas, or for traditionalists a Toast Royale. Three new ways to ensure you never miss your chance to sparkle this summer!
(3) CHILLING OUT. It’s 4pm and you just broke out into a cold sweat (not the good kind) because the last bottle of Butter in the fridge didn’t get replaced (aaargh). How can you possibly get through this sultry summer evening without a cool glass of your favorite Chard? Easy. Wrap a wet paper towel around your bottle of Butter and put in the freezer for 15 minutes (and not a minute longer – we suggest a timer and a good dose of self-restraint.) Bada-bing, bada-boom… you've got cold creamy Butter!
(2) COOL JaMS. On a steamy summer night, we hang out with our favorite summer tunes and a bottle of JaM Cab straight from the fridge. That’s right, let your JaM hang out in the same cold spot as Butter and Toast, and this smooth, sexy red is ready to rock! Fruity, delicious and just what the DJ ordered. Check out our new Summer JaMs playlist!
(1) DAY-DRINK (responsibly). Yup…we just said it. It’s summer, and you shouldn’t be stuck inside missing out on this perfect weather! Start a group text with your best friends, take the rest of the day off, and find the best place to get together for a glass or two. May we suggest your deck, backyard, or better yet your front porch—that way you can invite the neighbors over too. We long to be your official wines for friends, fun, and sun! With love, John and Michele—the “J” and “M” in JaM!
A tropical play on Bellinis, featuring your favorite Sparkling wine, Toast!
Just add 3 heaping spoonfuls of passion fruit puree to your glass & fill it to the top with Toast!
Next thing you know, you're sipping bubbles on the beach in Bali.
August 22, 2019
August 22, 2019
August 22, 2019
August 11, 2019
July 18, 2019
July 18, 2019
July 18, 2019
July 18, 2019
June 20, 2019
June 20, 2019
- 4th Friday JaMSessions (3)
- 4th of July (1)
- BottleRock (4)
- Butter Chardonnay (9)
- Celebrations (1)
- Easy Entertaining (1)
- Events (5)
- Friendsgiving (1)
- Giveaways (2)
- Holidays (6)
- JaM Cabernet (6)
- JaM Cellars, Napa (5)
- John and Michele (1)
- KAABOO Del Mar (1)
- Life Hacks (1)
- Live Music (1)
- Live Music JaMSessions (1)
- Playlists (1)
- Summer (6)
- Toast Sparkling (5)
- August 2019 (4)
- July 2019 (4)
- June 2019 (4)
- May 2019 (4)
- April 2019 (5)
- March 2019 (2)
- February 2019 (4)
- January 2019 (4)
- November 2018 (4)
- October 2018 (5)
- September 2018 (2)
- August 2018 (5)
- July 2018 (4)
- June 2018 (5)
- May 2018 (5)
- April 2018 (5)
- March 2018 (5)
- February 2018 (6)
- January 2018 (4)
- November 2017 (5)
- October 2017 (4)
- September 2017 (3)
- August 2017 (5)
- July 2017 (8)
- June 2017 (5)
- April 2017 (7)
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (5)
- January 2017 (5)