Sip, smile and unwine-d...
We’re all in for 12 hours of non-stop Winesgiving this year…Eat Turkey. Drink Butter. Repeat!
8am: In prep for a full day of food, fun, and Butter Chardonnay—lace up those sneakers and hit the Turkey Trot 5K! Take the #BigFootTurkeyTrot challenge to be social-distance friendly, while keeping that competitive spirit up and running! …or hit snooze and enjoy an extra hour in bed!
9am: Enjoy the quiet before the storm with a celebratory Toast-mosa in the shower (yes, you do need one of these). Cue up the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade on TV and roll up your sleeves to prepare for your kitchen frenzy!
10am: As guests arrive, keep everyone out from under your apron with an activity station that has one of these 8 games that everyone can enjoy. Cue up these cute conversation cards, or give everyone the Gobble-Gobble-Giggles when the kids DIY their own Thanksgiving Joke Teller. Don’t forget to have your Butter chilled and ready to serve.
10:30am: Pop your turkey in the oven and take a breather (and a glass of Butter… you’ve earned it!)
12pm: Now you’re in the groove…turn up the tunes with our Winesgiving playlist on JaM Cellars Spotify. Loosen up everyone’s dancing shoes with some new Tik Tok moves and realize you do have moves like Jagger.
1pm: Zoom out-of-town guests while everything is bubbling and baking in the oven. Take a “family photo” of everyone “cheers-ing” onscreen with their JaM Cellars wine of choice. Thank your Mom for sending the case of wine that you didn’t know how much you needed.
2:30pm: Check the turkey using your Turkey Roasting Guide. No, it’s still not ready. Refill your Butter and splash a little into the pan. Your bird loves Butter too!
4pm: Dinner is served…al fresco! Outdoor entertaining is IN for the 2020 season so put your guests on table-setting duty and enjoy a little dinner outdoors on your new patio set-up to keep that air flowing. Ring your dinner gong and gather ‘round. You made it to the finish line and everyone is ready to dig in.
8pm: End the night with a family movie night that you can share with anyone near or far. Host a Virtual Watch Party on your platform of choice and set up a Disney+ Watch Group for the kids with any of the best movies to watch right now.
And just like that, another year of food, wine, and gratitude is under our belt—even in 2020! Save some leftovers for a sandwich later and enjoy the smooth ride into the holidays (officially). Don’t forget to restock your stash of Butter!
Did you feel that? We’re rattling your bones with some JaM-tastic tunes all autumn long. Whether you’re near or far, we have plenty of options; in-person at our JaM Cellars Wine and Music Studio, during JaMHappyHour on Facebook Live, or on-the-go with our Spotify playlist…
The JaM Cellars Wine and Music Studio in downtown Napa is open by reservation so you can enjoy our easy-to-love wines in a fun and comfortable setting. We’ve reduced capacity (to keep everyone safe!) but the fun is still at full volume for you to enjoy bottles and by-the-glass Butter, JaM, Toast, and Sugar Sweet.
#JaMHappyHour. Sorry boss, gotta fly! On Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays be sure to stock up your Butter and block off your calendar starting at 4pm PDT because #JaMHappyHour is rocking over on our JaM Cellars Facebook Live, sign up to get a reminder to shut down email and switch off that Zoom!
Hallo-WINE Playlist. Haunt it if you got it. Stream our Happy Hallo-Wine playlist on Spotify and get moving and grooving to the hottest beat this side of the cemetery. We’ve done the work and compiled the HITS so all you have to is just sip and click play. Don’t forget to fill your wine cauldron with your JaM Cellars favorites …Cheers!
The season is scary, our at-home vibes are howling, and simply nothing will stop us from sippin’ and spookin’ our way into a festive, socially-distanced Halloween! So, pour yourself a creamy glass or two of #ButterChardonnay and read up on our tips for an unBOOlievable 2020 Hallo-WINE…
Haunt Your House. Home base is where it’s at in 2020, so go ALL OUT with your at-home decorating. Make like Jack Skellington and vibe with these decorating ideas…
• DIY a deadman’s hanging cage (to lock up your Butter!)
• Spookify your JaM Cab and dress it up as a wine bottle mummy, slip into a little costume of its own, or try one of these DIY bottles of boo’s!
• If you’re feeling a little lazy bones, perfect…toss up any of these super easy Halloween decorations and then crack open a #ButterCan and get sipping.
You’ve been BOOzed! Adults need some fun too, so we’re reinventing “Ding-Dong-Ditch” mischief and making it a little bit BOOzier!
Step 2: Ring your neighbors’ doorbell with a “Da de dum dum daaaaa”. Better yet with all these video doorbells—play in costume!
Step 3: Leave your ghoulish goodies on their doorstep for a trick AND a treat!
Step 4: Run out of sight!
Add a note to “Pass It On” to keep the good vibes going throughout your neighborhood.
At Home Trick-or-Treating. Staying home is the new going out, but you can still get spooky and have some frightful fun with your nearest and dearest—just be sure you know the answer to “Witch way to the Butter?”…
• Candy grab-bowls are so 2019. This DIY Halloween candy slide will keep the tricks and treats flowing.
Scary-good Appetizers. An all-candy diet may be tempting but sneak in some bloody good snacks to balance out your sweet tooth. Here’s some of our favorite simple treats that match our haunting mood.
Happy Haunting to you our JaMily! Whatever you do, make sure you’re stocked up with plenty of Butter, ButterCans and JaM Cab to get your Halloween festivities howling! Deliver the ghouly goods right to your doorstep with one of our delivery partners including Doordash, Drizly, and Amazon Fresh!
Ready, Set, Wine—in 60 minutes (or less)!
The key to at-home happiness in 2020 has most def been DELIVERY! Everything from the weekly groceries to meal-kits, to ordering in take-out…and well pretty much anything you can think of. And now, thanks to our friends at Drizly, Instacart, and AmazonFresh we can enjoy our time in with a glass of Butter—delivered in 60 minutes (or less)!
→ Binge watch: 6 episodes of Quibi's 10-minute bite-size streaming (we’re loving State of the Union). With 25 new shows coming online each week, we’re beating our stream fatigue with something snackable.
→ Bake: Use this recipe to make a batch of super yummy brownies (and use those last 5 minutes to do the dishes!) By the time they’re cool, they’ll be perfect with a glass of that JaM Cab you added to cart.
→ Pamper: DIY your own 60 min express spa treatment complete with ALL the masks. Go all-in on a hydrating Face Mask, lather up a frizz-free Hair Mask and even try out the Booty Mask craze because WHY NOT!?
→ Prepare: Get ahead of the holiday game and dedicate 60 minutes to dreaming up your Christmas wish-list on Amazon! No judgment if the delivery guy hears a few Christmas jingles when he arrives.
→ De-clutter: your email inbox and use UnRoll Me to unsubscribe to anything you don’t want to hear from anymore. Productive, AND you don’t even have to leave your couch for this one.
→ Learn: Pick a life skill and master it on Youtube. Knowing how to remove a red wine stain might come in handy one day…?
We dare you to feel accomplished, deserving, and thirsty by the time your favorite wines arrive. Post and tag us in social #JaMCellars so we can raise a glass and celebrate with you…Cheers!
Book Club is officially cool again (wasn’t it always?). It’s even easier to connect with your gal pals over your favorite reads thanks to today’s virtual vibes and…wine! Here’s how we’re reading between the wines…
• A super cute bean bag to cuddle up on
• Your own personal Butter yellow ice bucket filled with ButterCans chilled for your sipping pleasure.
• Sticky notes, your favorite pen to write in the margins & a bookmark—you can even personalize your own!
Start your own private Facebook page and invite your besties near and far! Read these tips on starting the best book club ever—totally virtual. Buy matching Book Club shirts to wear on your monthly Zoom chat…or better yet, create your own slogan and get them made! Or get super creative and theme out each get-together based on the book.
Join other book-club babes virtually at; Girls Night In Book Club!, and Read a Book With Kara. It’s always helpful to have recommendations at the ready for next month’s pick, so stay up-to-date on some of the latest releases (these picks from Oprah are always a good idea).
If reading is totally your "Me-Time" JaM, set a date-night-in with yourself. Start with a checklist of all the books everyone should read during their lifetime and dig in. Or start with these Top 30 if you need something more bite-sized. Buy yourself a cute journal and use some of the discussion prompts on Goodreads to expand your mind. Could Butter be a metaphor for life? Discuss with yourself, you’re bound to get the right answer.
Book Club is a great way to relax online, chat, and sip wine with girlfriends and new friends, or for a solo escape…and we are here for it! Butter, books, and besties…is there anything better?
Sweet never tasted SO good…
We’ve got a sweet tooth that only Sugar will cure! Every now and then we all crave a little something sweet, and right now, maybe a little more than usual? Seeing as you asked, John and Michele decided to add another easy-to-love wine to the JaM Cellars line up…
Sugar Sweet White is a delightfully fresh, bright and balanced Californian Moscato with just the right kiss of sweetness. Super fruity, refreshing, lower alcohol, and just perfect to put a smile on your face.
• So Chill. Sugar is delicious when served chilled straight from the fridge or ice bucket. Check out these fast-chilling tips (according to science) to get your bottle chilled down fast!
• Sweet Chic. These v cool vintage coup glasses make this perfect aperitif feel extra chic. Pop them in the freezer 30 minutes before you serve to keep things frosty and fancy.
• Go Big or Go Salty. Sweet and salty is a rock-star combo. Go, “Nothing Fancy”, style with this creamy sesame turmeric dip or dig into your favorite bag of potato chips. Doritos? Kettle Chips? Your house, your rules.
• Spice it Up. Sweeter wines, like Sugar, make a great date with something spicy! Check out this round-up of bougie spicy snacks, or order in some spicy Pad Thai or Kung Pow Chicken from your local go-to delivery to keep it low-key.
• A Bite of Bitter (say that 5 times fast!). Lay out a pickle-y bitter-y snack-y board to sample for a bittersweet snack-a-long adventure. Include some of these quirky pickles, a batch of parm brussel sprouts in the air-fryer you’ve been meaning to use, and this yum-licious candied orange peel dipped in dark chocolate.
• Double Down on Dessert. Sweet wines with dessert is another level. Layout bowls of your favorite candy treats buffet-style to sample and snack while you sip after dinner. You can even DIY your own version of your fave candy bar at home!
As sweater weather vibes are heading our way, we are soaking up every last bit of sun in downtown Napa at the JaM Cellars wine and music studio! Cozy up and enjoy your favorite Butter Chardonnay, JaM Cab, Toast and now Sugar Sweet White with our indoor or outdoor tasting experiences that keep things safe and delicious.
Safety while sipping is our #1 priority now and always. You can visit with us knowing that our JaMbassadors are at-the-ready to create a safe, clean and enjoyable scene every sip of the way. Reservations are required since we have reduced capacity in the studio to keep us all at just the right distance. You can read more about our commitment to your safety while you’re JaM’ing with us here.
Missing live music? Yeah, us too. We can’t wait to bring back in-studio live music. But for now whether sipping with us in Napa or at home, you can join our virtual JaMHappyHours Wed thru Friday at 4pm on Facebook.
If you can’t get to Napa right now join the JaMClub and wine will appear on demand, just like magic! Crack open your very own stash of Butter Chardonnay, JaM Cabernet, Toast Sparkling or Sugar Sweet White and crank up the volume to the Summer Festival JaMs poured by JaM Cellars on iHeart Radio. You’ll create your own Napa vibe in true JaM style right from the comfort of your living room!
Whether in-person or virtual, we can’t wait to sip with you, and we’re grateful that we can keep doing what we love: sharing awesome, easy-to-love wines with you!
As the temperatures start to dip, we’re feeling cozy and craving some JaM Cabernet—the wine that started it all for JaM Cellars. It’s a cool story we don’t share very often, so pour a glass a settle in for the story…
John and Michele met in high school in Napa Valley. John’s family had recently moved there to realize his parents’ dream of growing grapes and making wine. Michele’s family is 4th generation Napan and owned a vineyard in the Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley.
John and Michele’s journey together started to take shape while at college at San Diego State University. “I finally know what I want to do,” John said to Michele in their final year. “I’m going to start a business farming vineyards for others, make enough money to grow my own grapes, and start my own winery.”
“That’s great John,” Michele replied, “how long’s that going to take?” “That’s the best bit,” he said, “just 10-15 years!” At which point Michele raised her eyebrows and decided to get back to studying for her exams…
Fast-forward ten years to 2007; John had his own Napa Valley wine label John Anthony Vineyards in its 3rd vintage. Early accolades from the wine press including a 92 Pt score from Wine Spectator had put John’s new label on the Napa Valley map. And then in 2008 the great recession hit.
“I was just getting started. I knew how to make great wines at $100+, but few people could afford them.” John recalled. “I asked myself: How I could make great quality wines that were accessible to anyone, anytime?”
Working together to start a family and make their way in the wine world, John and Michele took a risk to buy grapes and start a new brand. While everyone else was pulling back on production, John and Michele were racing forward. They called their new venture JaM Cellars, short for John and Michele.
JaM Cellars’ first wine was JaM Cabernet, affectionately known as JaM Cab. The wine was delicious: rich, bold, and full of dark, ripe-berry flavors—fitting to its name. This new wine challenged people’s expectations. In the face of expensive brands that led with sophistication, complexity, and formality, JaM Cab was simple to understand, easy-to-love, and importantly, was under $20.
Since its first vintage in 2008, JaM Cab has found a loyal following and acclaim, including a 90 Pt score from Wine Enthusiast, and gold medals at TexSom and New World International Wine competitions. John continues to make JaM Cellars wine in the only way he knows how—the absolute best quality fruit he can find, meticulous winemaking with our unique blend of American oak, and flavors that pack a punch beyond their price point. We like to say that if you love bold, rich, and luscious red wines, we’ve got a helluva #JaMGoodCabernet for you.
We love a good homebody lifestyle like the next person but raise your hand if the doldrums of home-life are feeling a bit ho-hum. Liven up your mundane must-do’s with some Butter-licious incentives to enjoy life’s little victories (like finally unloading that dishwasher).
• Put on a playlist and show your living room dust who’s boss. Kick back and enjoy the sparkle after all that hard work with a frosty glass of Butter to quench your thirst while you catch up on Housewives. #DomesticGoddess
• Did you complete your activity goals for the day? Go the extra mile to outpace your steps with the best motivation ever: See if you can beat your Drizly order of Butter on the way home. Ready, set, race to the sip!
• In a dinner rut? Pour a glass of Butter and queue up YouTube to brush up on a few kitchen hacks to speed up your chopping skills.
Keep the fun going at home and keep your thirst safely quenched by shopping online for easy delivery right from the JaMStore. Or simply *add to cart* on your next grocery delivery near you with our same-day delivery partners at Drizly, Instacart, or Amazon Fresh!
We are giving Summer a speeding ticket and making sure we catch the last few drops – even if the vacation of our dreams isn’t quite what we had on our OG vision board.
Just because we’re in full WFH mode doesn’t mean we don’t need a little break from the “office.” Plan a stay-cation day or two here’s how—paired with your favorite JaM Cellars wines:
For the beach babe:
• Inspire some beach vibes with these top ways to bring the beach to your backyard. All that’s missing now is a cooler filled with ButterCans.
• Channel your inner mermaid with this shell hairclip craft. CandyCans and glitter are basically soulmates, after all.
• Manifest some ocean views by queueing up some serene Island Views on your TV and get that tropical tan you’ve been dreaming up with a little self-tanner. Pour up some Butter in a Tiki Cup and get ready to hula away the afternoon!
For the fashionista:
• Plan out your Zoom meeting wardrobe—only top half required! Pour yourself a glass of Butter and plan your 5 weekday outfits with mix-and-matched jewelry. Studies show staying in a routine and having something to look forward to is the key to happiness. That, and a glass of Butter Chardonnay(link) at Wine O’Clock of course.
• Stay on top of the trends from the comfort of your couch by checking in to upcoming Virtual Fashion Weeks; strut your at-home catwalk with Butter in hand.
• Set a budget and shop the best summer sales, according to Vogue; don’t forget to roll over any extra savings into your wine budget.
For the outdoorsy type:
• Take advantage of your flex schedule and hit up a trail on a weekday to beat the crowds. Reward yourself with a ButterCan when you reach the peak.
• Scope out some new adventures near you, or discover a new campsite on AllTrails.
• Set up a backyard tent for a Friday night stargaze adventure. Hack a new s’mores recipe and a glass of JaM Cab as you search the sky for shooting stars.
For the homebody:
• Join a Virtual Book Club and cozy up in your wine nook with a juicy glass of JaM Cab on your new literary adventure.
• She-Sheds are the new man-caves. Peruse Pinterest for she-shed designs…and plan it out in detail with a design app on your phone. Don’t forget a wine rack in there!
• Add some new wine art to your walls – get inspired by these designs painted with wine.
For the creative:
• Enjoy an “artists retreat” and take an online painting class. Celebrate your final design with a glass of Toast Sparkling. You deserve it, you creative genius!
• Glam up your style with a DIY crystal jewelry-making kit. Sparkling wine AND sparkling jewels? It’s a YES from us.
It may be a stay-at-home summer but that won’t stop our fun! Unless of course, the wine runs out…eeek! Make sure that doesn’t bum out your summer state of mind and stay stocked with your favorite JaM wines by adding us to your online grocery list or having us deliver right to your door!
Get The Scoop
January 5, 2021
January 1, 2021
December 24, 2020
December 20, 2020
December 18, 2020
December 15, 2020
November 18, 2020
November 18, 2020
November 18, 2020
November 16, 2020
- #JaMHappyHour (2)
- 4th Friday JaMSessions (3)
- 4th of July (1)
- Book Club / Reading List (1)
- BottleRock (4)
- Butter Chardonnay (10)
- Celebrations (1)
- Easy Entertaining (2)
- Events (6)
- Friendsgiving (3)
- Giveaways (2)
- Halloween (2)
- Holidays (9)
- How-To's (3)
- JaM Cabernet (6)
- JaM Cellars, Napa (5)
- John and Michele (1)
- KAABOO Del Mar (1)
- Life Hacks (2)
- Live Music (4)
- Live Music JaMSessions (4)
- Memorial Weekend (1)
- Mother's Day (5)
- Playlists (5)
- Recipe (6)
- Sugar Sweet White (1)
- Summer (7)
- Thanksgiving (3)
- Toast Sparkling (5)
- Wine Delivery (2)
- December 2020 (4)
- November 2020 (5)
- October 2020 (4)
- September 2020 (3)
- August 2020 (4)
- July 2020 (4)
- June 2020 (4)
- May 2020 (4)
- April 2020 (5)
- March 2020 (2)
- February 2020 (4)
- January 2020 (4)
- December 2019 (3)
- November 2019 (5)
- October 2019 (5)
- September 2019 (3)
- August 2019 (4)
- July 2019 (4)
- June 2019 (4)
- May 2019 (4)
- April 2019 (5)
- March 2019 (2)
- February 2019 (4)
- January 2019 (4)
- November 2018 (4)
- October 2018 (5)
- September 2018 (2)
- August 2018 (5)
- July 2018 (4)
- June 2018 (5)
- May 2018 (5)
- April 2018 (5)
- March 2018 (5)
- February 2018 (6)
- January 2018 (4)
- November 2017 (5)
- October 2017 (4)
- September 2017 (3)
- August 2017 (5)
- July 2017 (8)
- June 2017 (5)
- April 2017 (7)
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (5)
- January 2017 (5)